Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My future training partners

I've already made mention of the fact that my sister has the three most wonderful children. I was delighted to talk with one of them last night and learn that they are more than just a collection of adorable faces -- they are becoming athletes! My two nephews are each kicking serious butt in their competitive swim clubs, while their younger sister (seen here at her esteemed preschool graduation ceremony) is apparently happier in the pool than out of it. It seems that they are all taking after their Uncle Zdenek (to whom they have no blood relation, but that's beside the point).

And so, I dedicate today's post to these future athletes (which -- let's be honest -- also seemed like a good way to post some cute photos). I am thrilled that they have found such pleasure in physical activity, and though I know that the hard work and committment is only just beginning (for both them and their parents), I am rooting for them from afar!




3 comments:

  1. Oh my - Debbie has three of the cutest kids ever. Abby has grown SO much - look at those eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures! So inspiring--I hope when I have kids that they're active as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't believe your niece is so old already, i thought she was still a baby!?!? i hate how time flies.

    ReplyDelete