Friday, May 8, 2009

Advice worth taking

I'm flying out for the marathon tomorrow morning. Race day is Sunday, and so far the weather forecast looks mixed. The temperature sounds about right for running (10 degrees Celsius with partly cloudy skies), but they're calling for strong winds. Having run in similar conditions in the Virginia Beach Shamrock Marathon in 2008, I can attest that this is not really ideal for energy conversation. On top of it all, my throat is still a bit swollen and sore, and I'm having a rather stressful day at work today. So it was somewhat amusing when my coworker, Jim, upon my telling him that I was having a crazy day and really needed to find a way to relax, gave me this advice: "You should go for a run!"

'nuf said.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! This will be marathon #7 (????) I can't even get myself up to a slow walk for one kilometre... I'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best.

    D

    ReplyDelete