Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Still going...

I am delighted to report that, at 36.5 weeks and only three days away from being officially “full term,” I am still running. This morning, despite grey skies and extremely windy, frigid weather, I was all too happy to be out there on the bridle path, looping the reservoir and breathing in the fresh air. I have been able to avoid the gym for almost a week now, and the longer I can stay away, the better.

Yes, it is slow running, but I think it’s still a moderately respectable 9:45-10 min/mile. True, I have to stop and walk from time to time and at very unpredictable intervals (sometimes I can go 15 minutes trouble-free, but sometimes I need another break after two minutes), but I figure that’s the least I can do for the sake of my internal organs. No, I’m not doing the distance to which I am accustomed, though I did manage 11 miles over the weekend (over two days, but who’s counting?) and four more this morning. And while I know I look extremely cumbersome / unattractive -- I wear some combination of Zdenek’s large running shirts, my tights, and a large support belt under my waist -- at this point, I am beyond caring. I’ve accepted that it has become (and will surely continue to be, even after the +1 arrives) a matter of putting one foot in front of the other, and taking it day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment