Friday, February 25, 2011

Mobile

"Mobile" seems to be the word of the day around here. We can use it in many different ways:

* Last week was a great week to be MOBILE. I actually hit 40 miles, thanks to some awesome babysitting help from Baba.

* Sadly, Baba is no longer around. Earlier this week, we were MOBILE by flying back to NYC. To say that I was overwhelmed / nervous / petrified about finally being left entirely on my own with the babe would be an understatement.

* On Monday evening -- his birthday, no less -- Zdenek decided to run a Ryder-related errand at the hospital administration office. On the way there, he managed to step wrong and break two bones in his foot, landing himself a trip to the ER (good thing it was only down the hallway). My husband is now completely imMOBILE for the next six weeks. (Once again, though, Zdenek has proven himself to be a champ. Not one utterance of a complaint or whine has crossed his lips, despite the fact that he's been instructed to not walk more than 15 city blocks per day for the next month and a half. I don't know how he does it, but my husband has the most outstanding attitude of anyone I know.)

* Yesterday, leaving my imMOBILE husband at home with Ryder (which made me feel very badly), I ran 8 minute miles in the Park. Perhaps the higher altitude training + a few days off from running gave me an extra boost (because it definitely wasn't due to being well-rested!).

* I just managed to put Ryder down for a nap all by himself (i.e. no holding, rocking, shushing, etc.), and I think the magic touch was the bassinet MOBILE. As soon as I put it over his little head, he was mesmerized. And soon, asleep. Ah, small victories...

No comments:

Post a Comment